NEW! Headstart to Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement in Hospice
A Step-by-Step Manual for Establishing a QAPI Program
This manual contains the CMS coverage criteria for Medicare-certified home health agencies. These are the rules that govern the conditions that providers must meet to comply and receive payment from Medicare.
This comprehensive guidebook:
- Interprets the Hospice QAPI regulation to help hospices understand and comply.
- Provides accurate guidance to establish this critical program in any hospice setting.
- Offers pointers for integrating existing processes under the requirements.
- Provides direction for creating a QAPI committee that is active and engaged.
Everything you need to implement an effective hospice QAPI program is included:
- An outline for creating an effective plan.
- Ready-to-use forms and tools, with customizable versions on CD-ROM.
- Examples of written QAPI policies and procedures that can be adapted for your hospice’s specific needs.
- Samples of measurable indicator statements.
- A case study that shows how a hospice successfully used the policies, forms, and tools to develop a working QAPI program.
Edition: 1.0 (NEW!)
Published: June 2009
Product Number: HQAPIH
Reviewed for accuracy: 2009-06-01